This month’s newsletter is all about the power of planning.
“The bigger your vision, the more time you must spend on planning”
In today’s feature article we are sharing a laser mentor video session with Susan Hogarth (www.czcoaching.com). This mini session will help you learn how embracing the habits of blocking and planning your time will increase your focus, productivity and efficiency as an entrepreneur.
We have also included planning strategies you can implement right away to increase your productivity and create the results you want.
Be sure to check out our resources of the month section. For a limited time, I am offering a special opportunity to participate in a breakthrough blueprint strategy session. Make this your most profitable summer yet!
Your personal business building mentor,
If we had a hidden camera to spy on the lives of 10 entrepreneurs it is a good chance most of them would exhaust us just by watching their day. The thing is, most entrepreneurs get stuck in a mode of reacting to things – catching and dealing with whatever comes up. The phone rings, they answer it. An email comes in, they respond immediately. A co-worker has a problem, they’re on it.
While this may seem to be a good idea in the moment, at the end of the day they feel scattered and unproductive. Can you relate?
And when this continues over time, profits, motivation and quality of life suffer a great deal. When people don’t see results, we tend to lose interest. Loss of enthusiasm eventually leads to total burnout, both personally and professionally.
The only way out of this situation is to make the decision to be deliberate with your time and attention. No more reacting to whatever comes your way! It’s time to set up your day in a way that ensures that the most important things get done – always. And the best way to get yourself into this mode is to do some planning.
Michael Gerber, renowned author of The E-Myth, talks about working ON the business, not just IN it… and that’s exactly what we’re telling you to do. Not once, not periodically – habitually. This is a mission-critical skill for ongoing business success.
Here are some business success habits to make a part of your life:
- New clients
- Increased exposure
- New projects
- Balance in your life
2. Quarterly planning:
Break down your big-picture goals into 4 achievable parts and establish quarterly goals that will support your annual goals. Each quarter, revisit your goals and assess your progress, then set or adjust your goals for the coming quarter.
- Block time in your calendar to work on these activities.
- Use your debrief tool at the end of each month to measure your progress, and then identify the top 3 to 5 priorities for the next month.
- Loosely plan out how you expect the weeks to unfold, based upon your monthly priorities.
- Block into your schedule the most important activities first, both personally and professionally.
- Debrief your past week to measure your progress, and then identify your top 3 to 5 priorities for the following week.
- Make adjustments to your previous plans as needed, to allow for the changes or new opportunities that will inevitably occur each week.
- Develop the habit of taking 10 minutes at the end of each day to summarize (and track) your progress that day, and to plan your activities for the next day. This includes meetings, calls and other To Do’s.
- Consult your calendar for your scheduled appointments.
- Prioritize your To Do’s using A’s (must do today) and B’s (everything else).
- Make sure that everything you plan to accomplish in a day is listed in one place.
- Highlight or check off your activities throughout the day as you do them. This will make it easier to measure your results at the end of each day for the activities you are tracking.
Passion into Profit Coaches Challenge: Block out time NOW to ‘work” on your business? What planning habits will you commit to?
Resource of The Month: Breakthrough Blueprint Strategy Sessions:
This can be your most profitable summer ever!
- Do you have a big dream?
- Are you on the verge of something big?
- Is there something holding you back and NOW is the time to bust through to the next level?
- Do you know what you want but you are not sure how to make it happen?
One of the most impactful coaching services I offer is “Breakthrough Coaching”. Currently this special service is ONLY offered to our Passion into Profit participants, but for a limited time I making available this opportunity for you too.
Interpersonal and Relationship Coach
What I know for sure is when we take the time to WORK ON our business, PARTNER with someone who has been there and has a tool box of proven strategies and get CRYSTAL CLEAR on the next steps, it directly impacts our confidence, passion and is a catalyst for creating the momentum that ensures tangible results.
Breakthrough coaching can be life changing. There are a limited number of spaces available and I am personally inviting you to apply today for this opportunity.
Co-General Manager, Edelman Vancouver
Email to: email@example.com with the subject line: I want breakthrough coaching. We will send you a breakthrough application and schedule a 30-minute interview (no obligation). We will determine if this is a good fit for you and what breakthrough coaching program is your best option. (Breakthrough coaching investment can range from $200.00 to $1,200.00 depending on the package we decide for you)
Sometimes, all it takes is a fresh perspective, a new approach and some tough love to get you to embrace what you need to do to create what you want.
I look forward to partnering with you!
PS. I would love to hear from you! What are your planning habits? How do they make a difference for you? Please share with us on Facebook.